SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Workday Dessert :-)

moonwolf_gw
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

This workday, I'll be taking a Mandarin Orange Cake and a batch of my orange and mint iced tea. I made this cake before, but it's just really delicious and was a hit before, so I decided to make one again. When I made it this way before, I liked it better than with the brown sugar glaze that was featured in the recipe for the batter when I made my first ever Mandarin Orange Cake. Here is the recipe.

Mandarin Orange Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2-11 oz. cans Mandarin oranges (with the juice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda; mix until well blended. Stir in 2-11 oz. cans Mandarin oranges with the juice. Pour batter into a greased and lightly floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Frosting
Blend together 1-15 oz. can Mandarin oranges with juice, 1 package instant vanilla pudding, and 1-8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Chill for 2 minutes or until mixture has set a little. Spread on cake.

I'm not much for cake, but this cake really hits the spot and it's not overly sweet like some cakes.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz