SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmb123_gw

Cream/Yellow with Beige -help!

cmb123
14 years ago

We are building a custom home and get to select one color to be painted throughout the home. I didn't really want to do a beige color, but it seems like that neutral is going to be best in terms with matching various furniture.

I've heard a lot of good things about SW's Ivoire and Kilim Beige.

I'm going to be painting various rooms accent colors (dining room and half-balf= BM Santorini Blue, master bdrm= RH Silver Sage, etc.). My question is that I want my kitchen (with antique white cabinets and white oak natural floors) to have a creamy yellow color. More cream that yellow. My kitchen very much will open into my living room - which will presumably be painted a neutral. Will that look odd? I'm pretty set on wanting a creamy yellow kitchen - so how do I make this work? Is there a color that would match w/ an Ivoire or Kilim Beige that is on the yellowish side? I feel like having a yellow and a brown next to each other will look funny.

Or better yet, is there a good creamy neutral paint that I could pair with a yellow? If it means anything, we have to choose Sherwin Williams paint, but I know they can color match.

In other words, I'm open to suggestions!

Help!!!!

PS: Any pictures you have would help immensely!

Comments (4)