SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Food, Wine and Friends

annie1992
14 years ago

this weekend was the second annual Food and Wine Festival in Grand Rapids. I took Mom last year and she had a ball, so she went along this year too. Ashley turned 21 in June so she got to go too.

And, I had friends come along!

Yes, that's Peppi with my Mom and Ashley, and Sherry in the background.

Ashley and the boyfriend broke up, so now I have another resident:

Anyway, we met at the show, and I left the camera in the car. Take my word for it, we tasted wine and beer and vodka. We ate small plates of butternut squash soup and goat cheese bruschetta and chocolate fondue and cheese truffle dip with yukon gold potato chips and brisket sandwiches and steak something-or-another with a balsamic glaze and some kind of Thai spicy slaw with ginger. We watched Eric Villegas give a cooking demonstration making whitefish chowder and then got cappucino and left for supper,LOL. We went to Pietro's, mother and I had calamari, Peppi had Lobster Ravioli, Sherry had Alfredo Michael and Ashley had a Caeser Salad.

We drove home and opened a bottle of wine, LOL. This picture says it all. I'm still taking cold meds for my cough, so I had Diet Coke and DayQuil.

Mom had a 45 minute drive home so she left about 7:30 pm. Sherry and Peppi had some wine, then we decided we needed to eat. Again.

We had butternut squash/whole wheat bread:

with Karen (Riverrat's) chili:

this morning we made coffee for Peppi and I, Irish Breakfast tea for Sherry. I made bacon that Elery and I had brined and smoked, some eggs, toasted the butternut squash bread. Then we had dessert, LOL, some apple pie:

Sherry brought some of her rich, dark brownies with ganache and Ashley had brownies and a glass of milk for breakfast:

Peppi brought me a jar of her red cabbage and a bottle of ice wine which we never did get around to opening:

I also made some caramel oatmeal bars which were disappointing and we didn't eat any of them:

Peppi and Sherry just left, I sent homegrown steaks, some fresh butternut squash from the garden and a dozen eggs for each of them. Cooper is sleeping on the floor next to me and Ashley is ready for a nap, LOL.

It was a great weekend, lots of fun, good food, wine tasting and gossiping with good friends. I hope they come back soon, I have four bottles of red wine in the fridge that we never even opened!

Annie

Comments (17)