SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carmen_grower_2007

The wonderful vac/pac little thingie w/bags

carmen_grower_2007
14 years ago

I've had the Foodsaver for years and like it and use the bags for things like cheeses but don't use it much because the bags are expensive and can't be re-used usually because of the design. BUT THEN:

I got this great little rechargeable sucker/thingie with baggies that can easily be opened, refilled and vacuumed. What a great thing. It is like the 'space bags' but you don't have to use a vacuum cleaner! This cute little thing just sits on your counter so when you open your luncheon meats or cheeses, you take what you need and then just re-seal.

We did an experiment with a big bunch of bananas (that you get for $1.00 a bunch- not a pound, at Sams Club) The price is so cheap that we always bought a bunch even though there are just two of us and we never use them all before they get mushy. I split the bunch in half and put half in a gallon vac baggie. Well, a week later, the half that we didn't finish is black and the half on the counter in the vac-bag is just now turning from green to yellow. YOWZA!!!! Do people really say yowsa anymore????

I have other going-experiments with fresh tomatoes and baby carrots. Will let you know later how this all turns out. For now anyway, I think this is a great little machine.

I'm wondering if fresh asparagus can be vac/packed without blanching with this process? I'll find out in the spring.

Comments (6)