SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

OT: Your opinion on best vac for hard floors?

User
16 years ago

OK, I'm getting ready to make a purchase - but before I jump in feet first, I thought I'd ask for a few more opinions. I've already received some extremely helpful/knowledgeable input, but since I'm thinking of parting with around $500 (well, really only $200 of it is mine since $300 was a gift card - yay!), I'd like all the advice I can get my paws on.

I've got all hard flooring -- hardwoods throughout most of my home, with tile in my kitchen and in one bath. I've got a house full of cats, so my main concern is getting a vacuum that will be a beast on cat hair, litter, and dust. I'm leaning heavily towards the Dyson DC21, which as I understand is a suction-only canister vac. I'd of course use the hard floor attachment on the hose. I know this particular model has a relatively short cord, but I don't care. I figure that's why they make extension cords. Like I said, my primary concern is a vac that will suck the livin' daylights off my hard floors to rid 'em of mostly cat crud.

I'd love to hear what you think is the best vac for hard surfaces. (Since I don't have carpet, a vac that works really well on carpet just isn't important to me.)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living