SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gajopa

Meghane and anyone interested

15 years ago

Meghane, I wanted to let you know we had to let Jett go yesterday. You have been so helpful giving me information about his illnesses and I thank you very much. In case you don't remember, Jett was diagnosed with hepatitis almost 5 years ago. Then I insisted Jett be tested for atypical Cushings a few months ago after I talked with you about it and he had 5 of the 6 indicators. I had him on the recommended supplements and he seemed to be doing much better and the panting had decreased significantly. Yesterday he had his treats and meds middle of the afternoon, then shortly afterwards got behind a chair where he had never gotten before so I suspected something was wrong. After monitoring his breathing for a few minutes we rushed him to the vet. He checked him and told us it was time to let him go, that he had a tumor in his abdomen and his lungs were filled with fluid. I resisted at first and asked that he be put on strong pain meds but after holding him a little while I saw that he was in too much distress and changed my mind. Meanwhile he had decided to X-ray to confirm what he thought because he knows how I am about being sure. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. We cleaned him up and have him in his little blue casket that looks much like a human one. Thankfully we had already had his burial site fixed because today & tomorrow are probably the coldest it will get here and would have been difficult to prepare. We had a plastic container large enough for his casket buried with just a little dirt on top. Hopefully it is waterproof, we will check later today. His sister and best friend went with us to the vet and I asked him to give her sedation so she hopefully won't go through the terrible grieving like the neighbors' dog is doing. I let her and the cat have access to his body so they could realize he was gone but neither of them were very interested. I had a rough time this morning @ 6:30 which is when he normally starts waking us up wanting his treats that contain his meds. Thanks again, Meghane, for all the help you've been to me.

Comments (18)