SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Parasite question (dogs)Meghane or anyone

debbiep_gw
15 years ago

I know you can see parasite(worms)in the dogs stool but I was wondering if you can actually see the eggs.Sally(basset)I think she may have some parasite.In her stool I can see something the size of salt or a grain of sand and was wondering if this could be eggs of some type of worms.Theres a good bit.She has been scooting on her butt a lot to,while I know that could be anal glands I'm thinking its parasite related.I went to clean her back end area this morning because I saw that it looked like it needed it,she doesn't want to be touched there and something very small round and yellow came away on the wet rag and I thought parsite egg.Anyway she is being treated with panacur.I'll do the 3days/3weeks/3month deal.Her stomach is gurgling alot,licking her butt to.Shes a dog that eats stuff out of the yard(feces of other dogs that come through the fence,small dogs/cats squeeze through to visit)I have to keep patrol over at least 3/4 of a acre to pick up other peoples pets poop)I rathered do that than leave it out for her to get into,if she doesn't eat it she rolls in it.Thoughts please about the eggs.She hasn't been in to the vet but I was told it was ok to treat her if I thought she needed it.I'll try this first because she doesn't seem to be sick..Debbie

Comments (11)