SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdagibson

Repeat Urinary Tract Infections

sdagibson
12 years ago

I have an eight year old female cat, Aja, who has never been sick a day in her life. Six months ago, we moved from Oregon to Oklahoma and approximately four months after we got here, she got very ill and was diagnosed as having a urinary tract infection. The first round of antibiotics did not take, and even though she was no longer acting sick, she was still having difficulty urinating (straining only, with low stream, but not bleeding, she's not even trying to go many times, but her flow is different than it used to be), so she was given a second round of antibiotics and I put her on S/D dry food for urinary health and give her some wet cat food every evening as a treat. She is also drinking water normally. She is now done with the second round of antibiotics, and seems back to her happy self, but her urination flow is still not what it used to be (a long steady flow) and I can tell she's straining to get it out. I am very worried. Does anyone out there have a cat who had difficulty shaking a UTI? Also, is there anything more I could be doing? I am starting to wonder if part of the problem might be our new town's drinking water. Any advice or shared experience would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (8)