SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

What colors go well with BM Palladian Blue???

nutmegxo
12 years ago

I sure have been asking lots of questions lately and here I go again! I am in a "decorating twilight zone" lately! Some of you have been helping me work through paint and bedding choices for my master bedroom..

here I was rejecting a sage paint color:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0120271331497.html?33

here I was contemplating toile bedding options:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0223374431955.html?48

I have been all over the place with this but I suppose all the thinking I am doing will help me figure out what will work out best. I have been spending LOTS of time hung up on the fact that my house has a very open layout and worrying about color flow from room to room. But I think I may be going overboard with this thinking, because it must be possible to have a home that not only "flows" but that is also visually and colorfully interesting. In other words, not every room should have the same color scheme.

Downstairs color scheme is creamy yellow, sage, touches of cranberry, with the wheat neutral:

2 story foyer + all common areas, hallways, etc. - SW Whole Wheat

dining room - BM Windham Cream

living room - BM Dried Basil

kitchen area - SW Wild Current

Some of you have seen the pics of my bedroom - as you walk up the stairs the very first thing you see through wide double doors (french door) is my bedroom which is a large L shaped room. Originally I thought that it was important that I tie in the colors from downstairs into this room but this has been challenging. After researching and collecting photos online, I realize that I want the bedroom to be serene and calming and the photos I see with warm blues appeal to me. The BM Palladian Blue color has caught my attention and pics I have seen online of this color jump out at me as ideal for a bedroom.

I have read on here somewhere that this is a popular color, especially for bedrooms and I was wondering if this would be a possibility for my bedroom. My concerns:

1) Would this clash with the whole wheat out in the hallway/foyer? (Of course I would have to buy samples and test on the wall) I have read that Palladian Blue goes well with most colors - but when I hold the paint chip up to my hallway I am not sure if I should even be considering this.

2) Would introducing a blue shade like Palladian Blue in my bedroom, which once again is VERY OPEN to the rest of the house when the double doors are open - would this clash with my yellos/sage/cranberry pallette downstairs. (Keep in mind that while climbing the stairs to the bedroom, the yellow DR and sage LR are still in view). Don't you just love open layouts!!!! lol

3) Am I overthinking this SO MUCH that I should just not worry about it and paint the darn room already!

I am going to be selecting new bedding (previous red bedding has been moved to guest room). And I am still very much wanting to go with a toile pattern but don't want to purchase anything until I am sure of what color direction I am going in with this room. I found this pic of red toile plates on a palladian blue wall...some of you know from my other thread on here that I was considering red toile patterns for my room...so this pic really caught my eye!

{{gwi:1618095}}

I always appreciate the feedback on this forum! I would be further lost in the twilight zone without it!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH