SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natesgramma

Bundt cake recipes and a question

natesgramma
16 years ago

I'd love to see some of your bundt recipes. I have a question though...I recently bought a pan that has 4 mini loafs (not bundts) in it. Would I be able to use a bundt recipe and how would I adjust the temp? Here is one of my Mom's favorites.

CINNAMON BUNDT CAKE:

1 Box yellow cake mix

1 regular (serves 4 ) Instant vanilla pudding

3/4 cup crisco oil

3/4 cup water

4 eggs

3 Tbs. butter cut into medium pieces

1 Tbs. vanilla

1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) - this is for bottom of pan

In your mix master or with beaters mix well for 6 minutes on medium to high speed. All the above except the nuts.

Grease bundt pan (I use Pam )

Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped nuts in bottom of pan

Pour one layer of batter over nuts, sprinkle some of filler mix on top (see below)

Add another layer of batter and then filler and repeat as often as possible ending with batter. ( I can get 3-4 layers)

Take a dinner knife and cut through batter from the bottom of the pan and bring up to the top. This is what gives the swirls in the cake when you cut it.

FILLER MIX:

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

2 Tbsp. cinnamon

1/2 cup chopped nuts

Bake 350* for 50-60 minutes. Check with a toothpick to come out clean. Let sit 10 minutes before removing. Remove from pan to dinner plate and Drizzle GLAZE over top. I Let cake cool some but can add when still warm if you need to.

GLAZE:

On stove melt all of the below and use your whisk to get out as much of the powdered sugar lumps.

4 Tbsp butter

3 Tbsp milk

1 cup powdered sugar

1 Tbsp. vanilla

Please share some of your personal favorites!

Comments (10)