SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter before I hired him. I explicitly said you're not just going to use the Ben Moore colors with a different paint and he said no. I told him were were using the paint plus primer BM Select and painting the closets ourselves and he could match the paint for the kids rooms. He said we didn't need the primer and we had bought an expensive paint. Guess he found out the price when he purchased a bunch for DD's room. He was going to use a different line. I said fine, thinking he was going to use Ben Moore regular paint (which I think is Classic)

Then I saw cans of Coronado for the foyer. They already painted the foyer which was supposed to be two tone but looks like one tone (even though they used the two different colors we specified - collingsworth and athena?) The Coronado is much cheaper than even the classic. I think it has less real paint in it and in that sense is a "thinner" paint. The guy at the shop had a hard time explaining the difference but we picked up it might be less durable than the Classic I think it is a lot less expensive too. But it only has 50 VOC vs. 100 for Classic but maybe that's because it has half the paint

What do you think of Coronado? Should I insist on Classic? Can someone explain the difference between Coronado and Classic?

Thanks

Comments (13)