SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llaatt22

Learned something about paint today

15 years ago

Well, the Olympic is over so I was going to get back to painting some walls but when I opened my half used can of paint I was greeted by a nice abstract mold presentation. I thought this was sort of strange so I called the 1-800 number and almost immediately was chatting about my problem with someone who knew all about it. It turns out that this is the result of the low VOC formulations that are so much kinder to the environment and so they had to leave out the "old moldicide and antibiotics" because there "wasn't room in the can for them anymore". I suggested it might be helpful if this was noted in the instructions so people would know to use up the entire can within a short time once it was opened to avoid waste but it was explained to me "that would require redesigning the label and that would be a big job". I noticed there was plenty of room on the lid for a warning next to the lot number etc but let it go.

I assured him I would avoid the brand involved in the future since I had no problem with other brands I have used again much later than this after first use and he seemed OK with that.

What a jerk.

Comments (7)