SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

glad to see I'm not the only one having a late TG

3katz4me
15 years ago

I noticed a few other people didn't have their Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. We are having ours today - some friends were going to be in from out of state for a wedding on Saturday so we asked them to join us for Thanksgiving. Only problem was their flights didn't get in until Thursday night. So we decided to have it today. So yesterday we had spaghetti (easy to make ahead) after they arrived and my brother's significant other and I made side dishes. She made the dressing for our turkey roulade and pulled the bone out of the turkey breast while I made cranberry salsa, regular cranberry sauce, cranberry jezabel - first time I've made that - a little taste was yummy. I've never had someone help me make things for TG - it was fun. I knew these two women who would be here were not the kind to sit around so I planned to have them help - including a few new recipes. Today will be mostly peeling - rutabagas, regular potatoes and sweet potatoes - we're making baked sweet potato fries. The men will oversee a turkey on the grill. Should be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Comments (5)