SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Can I put the TV here?

ncamy
16 years ago

I really don't have a good place to put the TV in our proposed living room. I would like to put it on the section of wall that is opposite the fireplace. That seems like a rather taboo place to put it since technically the space in front of this area is a walkway. Putting it over the fireplace is NOT an option since the tiled fireplace is already a focal point which will showcase original artwork flanked by two light sconces. There will be built in bookcases on either side of the fireplace which would be too low to house the TV. (We wouldn't be able to see over our propped up feet to see the screen!)

If we do hang the TV on the wall by the walkway I will likely anchor it with a console. Then I will put two chairs in front of the front window wall and float the sofa on the other side of the room. Every seat in the house would have a good view of the TV. It seems like this plan would work well for us because the only time anyone would be walking in front of the TV is if someone comes in from the front door and well...we really shouldn't be watching TV if guests came over, should we? We are not the type of family to have the TV on if anyone is visiting anyway. In fact we don't watch TV constantly but maybe 4 or 5 times a week we'll watch something together as a family.

To better help you visualize the space, the lower door is to our small foyer/front door area while the other doorway area leads to our master via a short hallway with a wetbar and powder room. The living room is open to the dining room.

Would this be too weird? Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Pictures would be helpful if anyone has them. I need to decide on this thing before we go to final draft on the blueprint. Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)