SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plants4

thundersweet and others -- where do you do your cutting?

plants4
16 years ago

These beautiful kitchens and their beautiful counters....where do you cut if you don't have a butcher block island? Do you put away the cutting board after you use it every time?

I'm not big on counter clutter but I always have a board out now. I am very close to making a decision to have soapstone counters which argues even more for not cluttering it up with a board. I am putting in a small island table because I need a landing place for my refrigerator. For reasons totally unknown I decided long ago on butcher block. It only dawned on me last night that I could actually use this surface to cut on!

Then my mind started to drift with your recent post and people talking about putting marble on islands and putting beautiful walnut on islands and thinking "I've always wanted a small marble surface in my kitchen" and then "Oh, my island is very small, I could put marble on it!" and then it dawned on me that if I put marble on it, I wouldn't have the wood butcher block anymore...which would lead to a cutting board being on the counter all of the time because someone is always cutting something during the course of the day/evening.

So, sorry for the long explanation but where do you cut stuff, make sandwhiches, whatever?

Comments (10)