SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz1977_gw

BM Winter Solstice for kitchen

liz1977
16 years ago

I am repainting my kitchen yet again...I originally had a deep blue that I loved, then on a whim, decided to paint it a gold color w/some gold paint that my daughter had left..don't even remember the name! But, the fact is, I hate it...have lived w/it for about 3 mos, and I miss my blue! My cabinets are white, my floor is light gray & cream with a hint of tan. My countertops are soon to be black granite....

I have decided (maybe???) to use BM Winter Solstice above the chair rail, and then was thinking about a creamy white for below...or should I do both upper and lower the WS? When I had blue before, I only had it on the top, b/c it seemed like too much color, if that makes sense.

I have looked thru the galleries for blues, and I am still stumped as to what will look best...I always read NOT to use blue in a kitchen, b/c "no food is blue", but I am not much of a cook anyway! And my blue kitchen always reminded me of New England, where I grew up, so I felt good about the color. (Reminds me of lighthouses, beachside homes...you get the picture!)

Please excuse the rambling...I have been looking at swatches for over 3 weeks on this, as well as planning for the carpet re-do in the LR and DR...I jump all over the place- before finishing one room, I am going to another....I blame this on menopause...tee hee...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida