SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

Funcolors-can you help me?

sis2two
9 years ago

I am sure hoping you can offer up some help with a situation that I am having with picking paint for a foyer. The area includes a foyer, stairway, upstairs landing and long hallway.

For months I have been sampling beiges, tans, and creams which include all of the historical colors by BM and countless ones by Sherwin Williams. What I want is a midtone beigey color, because anything light washes out because this area receives little natural light and we live in the woods. To my eye, so many of the colors take on a greenish cast. Those include Powell Buff, Carrington Beige, Cream Fleece, Shaker Beige, and Manchester Tan and several others. I came across Harmony, which is described as a pinky-beige color which makes me reluctant since I am trying to cover an orangey beige.

I got the bigger sample of Harmony to try before purchasing yet another pint sample and it appears to my eye to look good at this point. However I am wondering if so many colors take on a green hue, is a pinky beige maybe what I need to counteract the greenish color the foyer takes on with other tried and true neutral colors. What is your expert opinion and can you steer me. I have put off painting this area for over a year now and would love to get it done. Thank you so much.

Comments (15)