SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda_2006

Today's french country Craig's List score!

teeda_2006
16 years ago

I've been looking for a vintage nightstand to go with the french country make-over I'll be doing in my MBR. I've got an early 20th century repro Louix XV upholstered headboard, an antique french Louis XV armoire, a couple bergere/fauteil chairs, etc. All were purchased through Craig's List or ebay. I've been looking for a single vintage nightstand that would work with the overall style, and found this one today on Craig's List for --I still can't believe it---$20!!. Sorry the picture is so blurry, the battery is low I think. Anyhow, this piece is so nice (although the finish is not in great shape). It's just what I wanted. I will put fabric behind the wire mesh. Now I just have to decide whether to refinish it or paint it.

The other great thing is that the person selling it lists things for a friend who cleans out estates, so I have a new source for antiques/vintage furniture. Her prices were unbelievable. She had the most gorgeous walnut china cabinet for only $160 (see link below). Couldn't help but think of johnmari and others who like the turn of the century stuff. I would have bought it in a heartbeat ( was in great condition, with original finish) if that was my style.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/fur/567890934.html

Here is a link that might be useful: walnut cabinet

Comments (21)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm