SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahandbray_gw

What shower curtain goes with this bathroom? (and paint color?)

sarahandbray
15 years ago

We have a relatively small bathroom (8'X6'--not counting the tub) in an 1870's farmhouse. It is the only bathroom on the second floor--so it's the master, hall bath, and guest bath...rolled into one (there's one full bath on the first floor...and that's it!).

I have three questions:

1) Can you think of a shower curtain that would look good with these elements in the pics below? I'm more of a clean-and-simple kind of girl trying to keep some vintage elements in the house (but certainly not into fussy-Victorian frills!)

2)Should I put in wainscoting (don't have the $$ for subway tile or patience to install it...floor will probably drive us to divorce!)

3) What color would you paint the walls?

**I purposely chose a neutral color palatte (white, cream/tan, espresso brown) so I could put changable colors in either the paint, shower curtain, or towels. Just need help with what color would look good!!

Vanity:

Floor Tile:

Better Homes and Garden Bathroom...which ironically is the exact layout of our bathroom...and I bought the exact shower curtain tonight at BBB without knowing! Is it a sign?

Just not sure how much I love the blue with the creamy marble top and basketweave floor. What do you think??

DKNY shower curtain...

Any and all thoughts/suggestions/websites/etc. would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sarah from Albany, NY

Comments (14)