SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kooops

Tinting Cabinet Coat BM linen white

Kooops
10 years ago

I'm preparing to paint my kitchen cabs. I've gleaned tons of information from this forum and online. I decided to choose BM paints and after many samples narrowed it down to linen white.

I'm painting some sample doors (actually 2 door basement bath vanity cabinet). I had my local BM store mix me the BM advance and Cabinet Coat in linen white. The colors are entirely different however. CC is much much yellower than the same color in BM advance. The clerk pointed out that they are mixed on different machines as the base is different etc etc. The can labels both show linen white but different compositions.

I took them home to see which paint I preferred. I did the advance first and was very happy with the application and leveling (used BM fresh start primer). Then I did the CC and WOW, that is some nice paint! Went on so smooth, leveled beautifully and the sheen and coverage is amazing. It looks sprayed. So.....I want to go with CC but want the true BM Linen white color. Have others had trouble with tinting CC paint at a BM store?

Should I have them try to match it better or is it not possible to achieve a good match?

Comments (5)