SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parsuzi

Backsplash Help, please! Pic Heavy & Cross posted

parsuzi
14 years ago

Cross posted in Kitchen forum.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while. Our kitchen still isn't quite finished - but it's time to choose a backsplash. I didn't reduce the pics, sorry.

Originally, I wanted the Alys Edwards Gigi Stix. Concerns about that: Too small/busy for my galley kitchen? Might get tired of grays?

This one shows the size of the stix better

Then I looked at the glass 1x2s - Again - they read blue/gray. Is it too much shine? (Old pic, before the counter was installed.)

How about the marble sticks? Too much grout? Even if I choose white?

Traditional white subway? Too boring? But it is neutral, can accesorize w/ whatever color I like.

ACK! Need advice, input.

Counter is Zodiaq Cloud White...As far as style, I know that some of these backsplashes read traditional and others are more modern. Our home is a 1950's split - kitchen in front of house. (I stood in the front 'hall' when photographing the pics of the kitchen below). We have a ton of real wood paneling in the house, which we have painted white, but eventually may remove and replace w/ drywall. Neither DH or I are in love with our house - we have a habit of flipping them and moving on. That said, Murphy's Law indicates that this is the house we stay in for more than 5 years!!

I had also considered this one

Here it is again, next to the other glass 1x2 tiles

Here is the kitchen. Please excuse the mess.

Any advice or input is appreciated.

TIA

Parsuzi

Comments (28)