SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baltra_gw

Wild backsplash. Inspired, or Delerious? pic heavy

BalTra
12 years ago

Hi GW -

I love the ideas you have sent my way (directly and indirectly). See link to last discussion about the look I am trying to achieve in my galley kitchen. If you click on the images, it will link to my picassa album with the info on source for each.

Kitchen window & back door is South facing, galley style with peninsula open to dining space to the east of kitchen and living room to the north of dining space through an arched opening. Interior 1940's brick row home.

So many of you guys have an eye for color and design that blow me away! I'm learning a ton from you, and primarily learning what I don't know, which is so valuable.

So, here is round two. I found a tile I like but worry it will be Too Much. See below. There is a linear glassy aquamarine tile, 12x20 with a floral accent piece. The tile marcolo suggested I love but think it might be more than I can afford. I'd love to put tile from countertop up to the upper cabs and possibly above as well, but can't tell whether that would look too busy.

Here is my inspiration kitchen (from Houzz, "splash-o-color"):
{{gwi:1971098}}From Colorful Board!

Original tile idea (offering movement, soft lines:AnnS.)

{{gwi:1980549}}From Colorful Board!

Paint (Sherman Williams Rainwashed)

From Colorful Board!

Upper cabs (Cherry from Scherrs)

{{gwi:1980550}}From Colorful Board!

Tile, install horizontally (emil ceramica, Satin line)

{{gwi:1980551}}From Colorful Board!

Accent tile - maybe 4 - 6 of these, center over the sink (emil ceramica, Satin line):

{{gwi:1980552}}From Colorful Board!

A counter top option. I'm not at all set on this and am open to greys, whites from other lines. I think I can choose from Eco Cosentino, Caesarstone, IceStone, Zodiac, Cambria. The peninsula will have a 'radius' end - sort of teardrop shaped but the side open to the kitchen will be straight edge. Room for 2 - 3 people to sit.

{{gwi:1980553}}From Colorful Board!

Lower cabs in walnut (Scherrs)

{{gwi:1980554}}From Colorful Board!

Floor (US Floors Eco Roca)I know, it's imperfect and messes up the design, but it is installed.)

{{gwi:1980555}}From Colorful Board!

Here is my layout:

From GardenWebPics

And here are a couple of ideas from sochi for uppers:

November 26, 2011
{{gwi:1980558}}From Colorful Board!

So, is this way over the top??

I want the space to be beautiful, fun, colorful, happy, welcoming. I do not want it to scream at all who enter that I've taken leave of my senses.

Can't tell whether I am inspired or delirious ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: previous color discussion

Comments (36)