SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deltabreeze

freezing up trying to pick fabrics -- pic and question

deltabreeze
16 years ago

Many of you helped me weed my LR from too many stuff. I would appreciate your thoughts again. I am looking for fabric to recover an old gold chair and an ottoman. Here is the main part of the LR. The other side of the LR has a fireplace, small upholstered chair (same red floral), and a black chair, table, and lamp. The LR art is mostly red, with some blue. So the room has lots of creme-yellow-wheat-gold, black, and red going on already.

My initial thought was to do the chair in blue, but many of you convinced me that staying within the current dominant colors of the room made more sense. I don't want more red (you can't see it but there is a lot of red in an adjoining room and the hallways). So this leaves the natural-goldish family and black.

When I brought my swatches to Calico Corners yesterday, the woman picked a black chenille with some red and gold in it. She suggested it for the ottoman (practical) and then suggested a plain gold to replace the gold chair.

I dunno. While I like the chenille, it seems like a black ottoman in front of a black piano would be overwhelming for this space. Would a linen color ottoman with tan and black checks or lines be better?

Her thought about a solid gold on the chair seems boring. One thought is to do a pattern, like the swatch I posted from fabricguru, for the gold chair. Or maybe use the black chenille on the chair. Thoughts? I want to preserve the simple, light feeling of the room.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)