SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
franktank232

Major freeze showing up on weather model

franktank232
12 years ago

Note: This is over 10 days out. Until the ECMWF (European weather model) shows this, along with other models, don't take any of this too seriously. Just be aware its very possible.

We have had so much warm weather so early, that everything in my yard is near or has bloomed (about 5 weeks behind last year). Parts of N Michigan were near 90F just a few days ago. For the days I'm looking at (April 7th/8th)...the record lows here are in the low teens, so really this isn't even close to record breaking cold, but because of where we are at in flowering/fruit....

The GFS (American weather model) for the last 6 or so model runs has been showing what would be a very nasty freeze for most of us in the midwest/lakes and probably points east. Lets just say it has Milwaukee dropping to 21F (on April 8th) and my area dropping to 22F... Detroit shows 21F also..

Basically right now the GFS shows what would be a disaster for orchards. I doubt there would be any apples out of Minnesota, Wisconsin, most of Michigan...Peaches would be destroyed, cherries, etc...

I'll try to update daily with any major changes.

Here is Detroit...

LINK

Punch in your 4 digit airport code closest to you to find what your area shows (they start with K...KDTX/KLSE/etc).

Comments (65)