SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosewitch49

Please give me a push!-Pumpkin Orange Cheesecake

rosewitch
14 years ago

I have a confession to make. I have been cooking and baking for over 40 years; including breads, pies, cakes and tons of cookies. But I have never made a cheesecake! I even purchased a really nice spring-form pan with a glass bottom hoping it would give me the nudge I needed, but so far it has not been used.

I am going to make the usual apple and pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, but would love to add a pumpkin cheesecake as well. Today I received my newsletter from Renee's Garden and the featured recipe was for a pumpkin cheesecake! And it doesn't seem too fussy. No water bath and some of my favorite baking flavors; cinnamon, ginger and crystallized ginger plus orange marmalade and orange liqueur! What's not to love? The only thing I would do different is use walnuts or pecans instead of the pistachios as I have stocked up with both nuts for holiday baking and I don't really care for pistachios.

So my question is, does this sound like a recipe for an older baker to try for her first cheesecake? I was lucky enough to get both Tuesday and Wednesday off this week and I figured with two extra days to play in the kitchen, I really have no excuse not to try this one.

Thanks for any help with pushing!

Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee's Recipes-Pumpkin Orange Cheesecake

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz