SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherigw_gw

Paint/re-use existing cabinet hardware. . .or get new? (pics)

cherigw
14 years ago

I'm re-doing my kitchen, utility, and half-bath and am considering painting and reusing my existing hardware--primarily because I don't dislike it and it is similar in design to the hardware used through out the rest of the house. I'm thinking of spraying them copper and then a light overspray of ORB and rubbing some off in high spots. Also, not sure if they look a little "frou-frou" for the kitchen. Has anyone repainted their hardware with success? My cabinets/wainscoting are being painted BM China White "as we speak". The walls in the kitchen will be Grey Mirage; desk/hutch and wall oven stack will Rosemary Sprig (not in pics); Utility cabs will be Black Bean Soup with Revere Pewter walls; half-bath sink cab will be China White and the cab over the water closet will be Black Bean Soup. All the wood except the Black Bean Soup will have a very light glaze(sample door tomorrow morning!!) So. . . very different from what you see in the pics. I would appreciate any thoughts/recommendations.

Comments (9)