SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wkate640

Help w/exterior color choice

wkate640
12 years ago

We are ready to pick a color for our new build in coastal NC. The back of the house is on the water, faces west and will bake in the afternoon sun. House is far from road and very private with heavy vegetation on both sides. The roof will be a charcoal tone. We'd like a light, muted green, something on the order of SW 6199 Rare Gray. I'm no color expert and am wondering how to decipher the SW "Color Details" area in regards to RGB values and LRV. Can anyone help me understand what these terms mean? We'd like a color on the same level of lightness (value?) if that helps, and we'd like it to be more green than gray. I'm wondering if, in the bright sunshine, something like 6199 Rare Gray or 6185 Escape Gray will simply appear to be white. We'd like more than just a hint of green, but not as much or as dark as 6186 Dried Thyme. Over the entire house, which is Hardi, will, say, Rare Gray just look blah? We want dark shutters on the order of Seal, or Greenblack, and the other trim will be white. The front door will be in the red family. Any opinions or other colors we should consider?

Comments (12)