SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_nc_gw

A follow-up question to my 'real food for 10 mo old' post...

Jill_NC
22 years ago

Thanks to everyone who posted ideas for alternatives to baby "puree" to feed my almost 11 mo old DS. I have been experimenting and he seems to be enjoying the new tastes, but tentative on the textures.

Here's the follow up question/situation:

Since DS has tasted "the good stuff", he no longer eats much baby mush, but still has an aversion to some textures. I've been feeding him a little bit off my plate, but he's not getting enough food to constitute a meal. When you feed your child finger foods, or mashed up grown-up food, how do you know how much they're getting? With baby food I knew how many jars he ate and how many calories he's getting. I know I sound totally anal! I have always had a problem with him waking at night (3-4x a night) and discovered part of the problem was that he wasn't getting enough calories and added a snack near bedtime. I just don't feel that he'll get enough calories with finger foods alone - at least until he's gotten more used to them. Any ideas or input??

Thank you SO much for your responses!

PS--in my original post, someone responded about me being a 1st time mom. I have a 12 yr old, so I've pretty much forgotten all the baby stuff. My oldest also had a milk allergy, which my 11 mo old seems to have avoided. I also had a choking episode with my oldest, which freaks me out with my little one (I do know CPR).

Comments (3)

Sponsored