SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Finally got my dog & horse picture...need more help :)

msrose
13 years ago

The picture has been backordered forever, but I finally got it last week. I started to hang it the other day and then realized it's too small to be the only picture behind the sofa, so I'm trying to figure out the best arrangement. I taped up some newspaper the size of the picture.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

My first thought was to find 4 smaller pictures to put on each side like this:

{{!gwi}}

Since my center picture isn't as big as this one, I think I would need to move it up higher in order to be centered between the 4 smaller pictures. Would it look funny if it was moved up above the sofa further than it is?

I also found this picture of NHB's house (hope you don't mind me posting it)

{{!gwi}}

This arrangement also may work, but I'd have to find even more pictures. I had a hard enough time finding one that I like :)

My other question is what type of pictures can I mix with this one. I've bought three things with a bronze frame so far and even though I like the bronze, it feels a little formarl so I'd rather not buy anything else with it. Should I use brown frames? As a reminder, this is what I'm trying to put together on the other side of the room.

I ordered a mirror and I'm still looking for some frames that I like. Since I'm using off white matting here, could I use it with the pictures I use around my sofa picture? I'm thinking that wouldn't look right, but I don't know. Remember I'm trying to add off white where I can to lighten things up. I finally put this picture up in my kitchen (bronze frame) and add the white plates.

I've also been looking for a white rooster since July and I finally found one that I absolutely love.

So, back to my sofa picture...what arrangement would you use and what style pictures would you mix with this one?

Laurie

Comments (53)