Teacher told daughter she hated X-mas
24 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
Related Discussions
x-mas deer to topiary
Comments (16)Linda, I'll have to check that out.. Kylie, I hardly ever find good construction stuff..hubby brings home nice wood n stuff..he never lets me have any..greedy, lol. I made out like bandit about 2 months ago, I found a mother load of PVC..you can bet your butt, I took it all, lol. In the middle of making a cold-frame with some, and I wanna use some more of it to make shelving for plants on my back porch. F4F, wow you musta got alotta stuff there! Wish I had a place like that around here. Today was pick-up day in my town, was cruisin after dropping the kids at school, but noone has anything out except xmas trees. I took advantage of this amazingly warm weather we are having and painted the candy cane arch today..not so bad lookin I guess, lol. It will be SO much better when there's beautiful plants growing up it. This weather is SUCH a tease!! Gonna be about 70 here today..was 68 yesterday. Just insane. Anywho..I'm gonna plug it in 2nite and see if the lights shine thru good enough with 2 coats of paint. Also be interesting to see what color it lights up as with green paint. If it doesnt look good, I'll just pull the lights out....See MoreSick of materialistic X-mas!
Comments (20)My DD's daycare is having an exchange this Friday, which I'm going to leave work and meet her there for. Us moms had to buy gifts for a child under $10, wrapped it and put it under the tree, for the exchange on Friday. I think it's a great idea, each child was assigned a child's name to buy for. I remember as a child, in school, doing these gift exchanges. It was the bullies and the always-rude-anyway kids who made fun of the kids who got something "less cool" (in their selfish eyes) than what they got. There are kids out there (and Adults) who are so very thankful for just "anything", because it truly is the thought that counts, NOT the quality or price, etc. Then there are the selfish, mean-at-heart kids and adults who sneer at others just because it makes them feel better about themselves. I'm all for a Christmas party and gift exchange, in schools, daycares, at work, etc. It is a real crime when people act that way... making fun of other people or bullying them. But it is true what the above-poster said; it is usually the kids who are always mean and rude anyway who do this at the exchanges. The teacher should step in and use discipline on a case like this, but in the cases I have witnessed myself in school, the teacher is usually nowhere in sight or not within ear-reach. - darkeyedgirl...See MoreAdult Step daughter and hubby's ex cause havoc
Comments (5)In the beginning she did want him back, now (10yrs later) I think she just wants to cause trouble whenever and where ever she can. She has become a bitter man hating woman. She is always running men down and talking about how sorry they all are. I have really let go of the anger I feel towards her and mostly pity her. But it has all started up again with my SD's opinion. I think what bothers me most is my sister has told me for 10 years that blood is thicker than water and that my SD would eventually turn on me for her biomom. I swore that this would never happen because I would never ask her to take sides. But I forgot a very important part of the equation - THE EX/BIOMOM. Even though I didn't force her to choose - the biomom did. And I really don't talk to anyone about it because it hurts so much, because my hubby is tired of hearing, my family is full of ""I told you so's...". I am not leting it affect my life as much as you would think. But my SD will do things like call my biodaughter and ask if I am home and tell my biodaughter to call her when I am not there because she wants to come see her. (they are close - and I encourage my biodaughter to continue that sister relationship. I am trying to keep this as low impact as possible....) For example: If I ask SD when she plans to enroll in college she says I am implying she is wasting her life. But if I don't ask her they she says I don't take any interest in her like I do my own daughter. So either way - I can't please her. I guess it's because she is just hunting a reason to be mad at me. Once she told her dad that she doesn't come over because I won't make my 11year old son treat her like an adult. Her and my 11 year old have been siblings in the same household since he was 9 months old. He can't remember not knowing her... He looks at her like his biosister.... So when he jokes with her or acts like a typical little brother she claims because he is 11 and she is 20 now that he should address her like an adult. She wants to be treated like an adult but she still comes over to our house and acts like a child. When she came over and had dinner with us a couple of months ago I ask her to put her dirty dinner dishes in the dish washer. WE ALL DO THAT and ALWAYS HAVE. It's a rule in our house. I wasn't asking her to clean up from dinner - simply load her dirty dishes... She had a fit because she said that I was treating her like a child and bossing her. I load my dishes and so does my husband and the other three children. It is just stuff like that with her... Every time we interact it is drama. Sometimes I leave thinking "Ok, that went well. Nothing could be misconstrued tomorrow. That was a pleasant day/dinner/event." THE VERY NEXT DAY she is telling her dad or my biodaughter something I did that hurt her feelings and saying that is the reason she hates me. My biodaughter is torn because she grew up with my SD but she has strong loyalty to me and knows I am not doing these things... I just tell my biodaughter to stay out of it and ignore it as best she can. I don't want to drive a wedge between all of us if it can be avoided. And part of me holds on to the hope that she will wake up one day and realize what a hateful, bitter person she has become....See MoreWhat do you buy spouse for x-mas?
Comments (35)No spouse - mine walked, over 35 years ago. Rarely talked, after. Died over 4 years ago. When there was talk of closing the psych. hosp. where she'd been head of food service for 20 years or so, she took early retirement and during the next ten years had a ball ... including a hobby of doing miniatures. Following her death (of colon cancer, within a year of what would have been her normal retirement age), our young ones disposed of many of her projects and goods ... but one, a miniature house about 3" x 3" remained (it seems that those guys like to build their own) ... ... and has been sitting on a table in my living room for about three years. When son and I went to Toronto this summer as daughter loaded her van to move to AZ, he returned to the car as we were about to depart, carrying a beautiful burgundy velvet bag with drawstring, holding a box, saying, "Mom's ashes". He left them in the car, where they stayed for a short while ... and now they sit in one of the rooms of her miniature house, a dozen feet from where I sit. An Iowa girl, she'd developed a liking for a little park in Detroit ... and I heard that she'd asked that (at least part of) her ashes be spread on the Detroit River. I'd hinted that when they made the pilgrimage, I'd like to go along ... but it has not happened: I know not the reason, if reason there may be. ________________________ No problem now about buying for a spouse. I've told my friends several years ago that rather than a number of gifts and cards - and in these rather prosperous days, it is difficult to buy something useful and wanted - I've been making a number of gifts to various charities. I feel that the different agencies, e.g abused women's shelter (where daughter worked several years ago helping raise funds for a home), United Way, London Food Bank, Salvation Army, Mission Services (hostel for homeless), Habitat for Humanity and Canadian Food Grains Bank and such are better able than I to choose where the need is greatest. In the case of several, the Canadian International Development Agency gives matching dollars ... and for some, other agencies do, as well ... so each original dollar grows to four going to work. I also give to several health and specific illness groups, plus my alma mater and seminary (on the Prairies). Plus half a dozen churches ... and our denomination's outreach and service agency. One of the nice things about current circumstances is that many people have email and one can catch up on the news with quite a substantial number easily, even altering parts of the message going to different individuals or groups. Have you ever had someone give you a swat as a result of your charitable gift? Last year when son and I were returning from a trip, I asked whether he had some extra time and went to the village where our family lived while I served as clergy in their church for a while, 40 years ago (near the end of our marriage). After I'd given a cheque to the treasurer, when son heard the reason for our visit, he gave me a minor cuff across the side of the head, saying, "They fired you - and you give them money?!". When I boarded in the village for a couple of years, not quite 25 years ago, I was still so bitter that I only attended that church a couple of times. I'd heard (on fairly good authority) not many years after our departure (and after our separation) that they feared that Sue and I would part ... and they didn't want us to part while we were in their church. Prior to my accepting their offer to serve there, a major clergyperson in the area suggested that I reconsider ... that that congregation had developed something of a reputation for being hard on ministers ... and I more or less replied that I'd been in tough spots before ... and would take my chances. I gambled: Ilost. Too soon old - too late smart, I guess. But ... usually a reconciliation requires some giving ... or at least some expression of appreciation of the situation ... on both sides. And institutions are not good at expressing regret. It has taken our denomination - and our Federal Gov't. - about 40 years to apologize to various native groups for the abuses perpetrated upon them when trying to assimilate them in residential schools. It's a bit hard for one hand to clap: let me know if you find out how to bring it off, O.K.? Good wishes to all of you who value it, for Christmas ... and to everyone, for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, bringing the fulfillment of several of your good dreams ... and the birthing of some new ones. ole joyful...See More- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
- 24 years ago
Related Stories

GREAT HOME PROJECTSHate Hauling Laundry? Give Dirty Clothes the Chute
New project for a new year: Install a quick route to the laundry room
Full Story
MOST POPULAR11 Nominees for the ‘She Shed’ Hall of Fame
These special sanctuaries let busy women get away from it all without leaving the backyard
Full Story
MOST POPULARHouzz TV: Fred MacMurray’s Enduring Farmhouse Retreat
One of the most beloved actors of the 20th century traded fame for farm implements on this California ranch. His daughter shows us around
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNA Designer Shares Her Master-Bathroom Wish List
She's planning her own renovation and daydreaming about what to include. What amenities are must-haves in your remodel or new build?
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGN18 Dream Items to Punch Up a Master-Bath Wish List
A designer shared features she'd love to include in her own bathroom remodel. Houzz readers responded with their top amenities. Take a look
Full Story
POWDER ROOMSNow Arriving on Platform 2, a Playful Powder Room
Subway graphics from a New York City station add unexpected depth and humor to a tiny half bath in California
Full Story
MOST POPULARMy Houzz: Hip Midcentury Style for a Mom's Backyard Cottage
This 1-bedroom suite has everything a Texas mother and grandmother needs — including the best wake-up system money can't buy
Full Story
COTTAGE STYLEHouzz Tour: 1950s Ranch Home Remade Into a Charming Cottage
A Westchester County, New York, home’s garden landscape inspires a cozy, eco-friendly renovation
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESRoom of the Day: A Nursery for a Little Bookworm
Bright colors, favorite hand-me-down toys and a wall of books jump-start the playful style in this nursery
Full Story
MOST POPULARA Fine Mess: How to Have a Clean-Enough Home Over Summer Break
Don't have an 'I'd rather be cleaning' bumper sticker? To keep your home bearably tidy when the kids are around more, try these strategies
Full Story
Marakone_Webtv_net