SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nowheregirl519

Teacher not following custody schedule outline.

nowheregirl519
16 years ago

Two weeks ago my 6 year old step daughter was talking about a presenter coming to their school for an activity. I was surprised that I did not receive any information about this activity so I called her teacher. I explained to her that the activity which required a permission slip to attend fell on a Tuesday (which is our day per the court agreement of 50/50 custody) and that I would like the permission slip for my husband and I to sign off on it. I also explained that my step daughter's mother was not authorized to give permission per the court agreement.

Her teacher agreed and seemed to understand since we have had several meetings with her regarding my step daughter's living situation. Well, today the permission slip that my husband signed for his daughter was sent home with a note from the teacher: Mom already sent in permission slip.

I am sorry this is so long, and if I added all the background it would be longer. We have one of those 'typical' Mom hates the Dad situation. My husband has done everything right to secure his role as her parent. It is sad that a school (of all places) shows bias.

So, I would like some feedback on what I feel is a rather large liability concern. My husband will be calling the teacher in the morning.

Comments (63)