SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

Toaster oven roast chicken!

mudlady_gw
13 years ago

I finally roasted a tiny 5 lb. chicken in my Cuisinart toaster oven. I stuffed the chicken and cooked it in a little Corning Ware baking dish and it was done in just over an hour. I preheated the oven to 450 and dropped to 350 when the chicken went in. I didn't try to make gravy in the Corning Ware because I was afraid if it broke on my ceramic stove top it might damage the stove. This stove is at least 10 years old and the top is almost pristine, and I love the way it cooks. I worried about giving up gas but I am happy with this electric stove. The chicken was incredibly moist and there were plenty of brown drippings so I made gravy in a little Revere frying pan. Everything came out well but the flavor of the chicken, stuffing and gravy were all kind of mild. I wonder if such a little chicken is naturally mild tasting. Next time I will use more poultry seasoning--I have never made such a small amount and I was too careful not to over season. The only down side of a roast cooked in my toaster oven is some grease splatter. I hope it cleans up easily.

Comments (10)