SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Should I return these commercial baking sheets or not?

sooz
14 years ago

I had intended to order a couple of heavy duty half sheet pans from Lincoln Foods...I wanted item # 5514 (13 gauge, 1.8 mm, approx 2# weight) but today at Costco, I saw Nordic Ware 3-pc commercial baking sheets (half sheets) with cooling rack. I decided to try them because I can always return them easily.

They are supposed to be oven safe up to 450º so after I hand washed one in warm, soapy water and dried it thoroughly as the directions noted, I roasted some carrots and slices of onions -- with a bit of olive oil on one half, and nothing on the other half.

Well, the pan warped--i.e. it didn't keep itself "flat" inside the oven although it did flatten out to normal when it cooled, AND I noticed scratch marks on one side of the bottom of it along the perimeter edge, from my sliding it into/out of my oven. There is also a bit of discoloration on the inside surface of the baking sheet, too, where a couple slices of onion were....while the "stain" is slight, I can see it and it has not come off with the gentle rubbing of my finger and Bon Ami.

They are "made of heavyweight aluminized steel and surrounded with a galvanized steel rim for extra rigidity."

I'd use these pans for baking cookies--with or without a silpat mat and with or without parchment paper--or for roasting veggies or making homemade pizza.

Do I keep them because I'd have the same issues with the ones I'd order from Lincoln Foods, or do I return them to Costco with my observations on the warping, scratches and stains?

Sooz

Comments (10)