SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19722038

Paint and Primer all in One...

User
9 years ago

I'm not a pro so work with me. I decided to re-paint 2 wood rocking chairs for the front porch. They were originally painted white (latex) but it's been almost 10 years and were beginning to look bad. Since I also have a cast aluminum bench out there that has a very dark blue, nearly black color and I like the way it looks, I decided to paint the chairs the same color. I bought Glidden High Endurance Paint & Primer (exterior) Semi-gloss in the Admiral Blue. The color is gorgeous, exactly what I wanted. But I wound up putting 3 coats on and thought it looked great but the lighting was getting low. Now in better light I am still seeing streaks of the original white paint. I thought since it said there was a primer in the paint this would not be an issue. Do they not put opaque pigments in it since they are calling it a primer? I'm not a pro at paint but I do use Artist's paints and I do know that in Artist's paints there are transparent paints and opaque paints. Well, anyway, I'm going to keep trying to cover this but what should I have done? This color is great I would hate to have to completely redo it with another product.

Comments (14)