SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Professional Upholstery Cleaning: Suggestions? Scams? Advice?

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

My longtime upholstery cleaning guy has retired and moved away. I found a guy on Angie's List who had good reviews. He's coming out tomorrow afternoon to clean our two cream-colored sofas in the living room.
His prices were reasonable and in line with others in the area but now I'm starting to have concerns about him getting here and then finding excuses to charge me more. My friend had one company come out and then try to charge her more because the "sofa was dirty"! I saw it before they got there and it looked like it didn't even need cleaning to me. No spots; no grease or anything. She sent them packing but now I'm having second thoughts.

The guy asked me what kind of material the sofas were covered in. I told him it it was a polyester/cotton blend that looked like linen. He said, "Well, you never know because the manufacturers don't always list the cover fabric on the labels; just the inside fabrics of the cushions, etc. Hmmm: do you think he'll want to charge me more if it's all cotton or all polyester?

It had 3 drink spills on it Christmas Day during our big dinner party. I wet blotted them and they're very faint. now. Do they try to charge for spots?

I gave him the dimensions of the sofas over the phone before he gave me his price to clean them. He didn't ask if the arms were fabric or wood; do they charge more for fabric arms? I should have asked!

Anyhoo, in my favor, I'm sure that he doesn't want a bad review on Angie's List from me, but I'd appreciate any advice, warnings, suggestions as to what to expect and what to look out for. Many thanks!!!
Lynn

Comments (2)