SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

I Am Looking for the Right Apron

shannonplus2
13 years ago

I have always just worn casual T-shirts or the like to cook in. But I am getting tired of the grease stains or tomato stains that ruin them. So, I want to get an apron. But I have a few parameters. First, it must have the bib part--I never understood the ones that just go around the waist, since most of my staining is from the waist up. Second, it mustn't be hot. I am, um, just starting the "change", and feeling warm at the most inopportune times; so the last thing I need is a heavy apron that will make me feel warmer. I was thinking of a dark colored-one cause it would be slimming. Seriously, some of the aprons I've seen would make me look as big as a house.

I've loved the adorable ones at Anthropologie. But they're too pretty to cook in! I want something utilitarian. But I will NOT go the Amish-style route. On the opposite end of the spectrum, is one that DH would like (giggle), a black lace number. And hey, it has adjustable top straps and side straps, so setting aside the black-lace-thing, that one looks like it might be comfortable LOL. I KNOW that DH would run screaming out the door if I wore one of these '50's-style housewife aprons (he's a modernist).

I have heard that the Starbucks aprons the baristas wear are fantastic. I've looked on the website, and don't see the aprons for sale.

So, all I want is a comfortable, light-weight, bib-style apron with adjustable straps. Is that so hard? Evidently, yes. Please tell me what you have. Thanks so much!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths