SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoyamom_gw

MBR-update - long +pics

hoyamom
16 years ago

Thanks to all of you who have been helping me put together my mbr/sitting room combo. It is still very frustrating to me but I am having a breakthrough (not a breakdown LOL!).

Ellen and I have been communicating and we are going to firm up the colors for most of the house at the end of next week. She wanted me to take a look at a few of the new colors before I made my final decision. The painter came today and we firmed up the date and totalled the number of gallons (wow - lots!) I need to order.

But back to the mbr - I have decided to go with Cognac. I have been leaning that way for awhile and it seems to be a color DH can live with (he doesn't like a lot of color). So I am going to put Cognac in the sitting room and main bedroom area and then Parchment in the dressing area and perhaps into the bathroom too though I may change that to Terracotta Sand.

Here are some pictures now that the new table came in and we had the pictures framed. I also bought the plant today and a new pot - thanks to those who suggested where I could get them (at the garden store).

Someone PLEASE tell me that the large picture over the table is toooo large and that the little pictures off to the right are too far away. I really like the smaller picture (the one in the gray mat) so I may put that on that wall and it should look better with that table.

The pink chair is not staying!

Don't forget I will have drapes on the windows so it should fill up the area and with the paint it should make the room feel cozier and not so cavernous. The plant shouldn't look like it sits out there in the open once the drapes go in.

Well, I just wanted to give you all an update. Now that my decision is made I can't wait for the paint!!!

Oh btw - the colors we will be using are: Edgewood Green (thanks to the K's for suggesting that for the livingroom combo - Ellen agreed), Gustavian Grey (library), Wheat (most of the interior), Berry Red (for the bathroom), Aqua for the jack and jill bath, Cognac, Parchment or T Sand. Lots of colors!!!

From the upstairs landing as you walk into the room.

View of the wall

From bed area - remember the pink chair is not staying. I am going to buy another one and put a lamp over in that area.

New Mirror - bought it so that it would take up a lot of wall space and we didn't have a full length mirror in the bedroom. I didn't realize just how big it was until it arrived!

Smaller picture - I think it should replace to big one over the table.

Ok, that's probably enough to bore you all!!

Comments (4)