SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahsmom_gw

Documentary!

sarahsmom
15 years ago

Friends..

Today was a big day.. I was actually able to start filming this incredible piece. I worked with a woman on LI who is estranged from her daughter. She writes:

"today I was Elizabeth's first subject for taping and I found it to be a very worthwhile experience-a little "out of the box" for me, but easier to do than I thought. For any of you that have thought about it I want you to know that there was nothing personal or specific mentioned-that Elizabeth gently guided me with her questions but allowed me to tell my story, present my perspective and opinions in a way that was very comfortable and relaxed. At the end, when we were done taping and just talking I said that in my younger days I was a member of women's strike for Peace, I was an activist in the feminist movement and involved with Planned Parenthood as well. Each time I went to a rally or circulated a petition I really didn't know if it would have an impact-but I wanted to add my small voice to issues that I felt were important.

Well, that is what I felt I did today-I do not know what the answers are to stem the tide of this phenomenon, and I may not see a return to better values in my lifetime-where basic respect and appreciation of one's parents and family is more the norm-but at least I feel that I let my voice be heard.

I have moved well past the stage of blaming myself, apologizing for who I am and how I lived my life. I know that as a person and as a mother I always tried to do my best and the treatment that I have received from my ED is unacceptable."

I am so pleased.. if any of you are willing to participate, I promise you the same experience.. I need your help in order to make this work.

Please contact me if you would be willing to try.. I can always leave the film in the camera if you change your mind.

Thanks again for your support..

Comments (3)

Sponsored