SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

Age Difference

silversword
15 years ago

What do you all feel about age differences? At what age is it appropriate to date/marry someone five years older/younger than you? Ten years? Twenty years? Older?

I see that some people have issues with people marrying someone their senior. I married a man 12 years older than me, we are now divorced and I am with a man 3 years older than me. I have also dated a man 5 years younger than me.

My opinion? Age up to 18, no more than one year difference. Up to 25, two/three years. Up to thirty, three/four years. After thirty, 5 years younger to 10 years older. After 40, 10 younger to 20 older. And so on. I think you can see my pattern. Of course, there are exceptions, but my experience has shown that generally it's best to stay within a 10-15 year range.

I have a friend who married a man 25 years older than her and had another baby (total tally, two for him, one for her, and one for the both of them). And she was 23 at the time. I still cringe. But she seems in love, so I support her. Do I really respect him... not at all. But if she were 30 or 40... I would probably feel different, because they would have both been adults for longer.

Opinions?

Comments (14)

Sponsored