SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hgluckman_gw

Remodel is underway - pics

hgluckman
14 years ago

Like several other folks here, we've started our remodel this week. As I've posted before, we're doing a fairly minor remodel, but it sure seems major to us.

Here's what it looked like before the crew showed up on Monday:

From Kitchen Remodel

The biggest structural change is going to be redoing the island. We're stripping off all of the drywall/plaster and tile, and it will have wood sides, and some drawers above the glass cabinets. All the countertops will be granite. Here's the island demo'd, some cabinets removed, and the oven is gone:

From Kitchen Remodel

We had a minor issue this morning as we were trying to nail down the positioning of the new Sub Zero and it's adjacent cabinet. We still *might* make a change there.

Lots of people have shown their dogs. We have cats - Bengals to be exact - and they are not terribly happy. We're keeping them isolated from the construction during the day, and at night we have to find any place or thing they might get into and cover it up.

Here's one of our boys, Sundance. At the time he was complaining about the changes. He doesn't know it, but the perch he's sitting on here is not there anymore.

From Kitchen Remodel

Our other Bengal is Cassidy. Here he is with his "hard hat" on. He routinely puts these boxes (Starbucks DoubleShot) on his head, and walks around like that. He seems to enjoy it.

From Kitchen Remodel

One more thing that may warant its own post is that yesterday when loading my pictures up to Photobucket, I picked up some malware that took over my machine. It took my tech support folks at work all afternoon to get rid of it. I'm now back to using Picassa.

Anyone who wants to follow the project is welcome to visit

Kitchen Remodel to see the all of the pictures.

Comments (7)