SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_jean_brown

Kitchen update underway!

Debbie B.
7 years ago

Since it will be a few years until I can afford to do a full remodel of the kitchen, I decided to do a face lift (of the kitchen, not of me, lol).

A fresh coat of paint in a cheerful color, new curtains, both in the eat-in area and over the sink, new kitchen towels (that actually match!), burner covers, and some wall art--reproductions of vintage tin signs--plus creating a small coffee station.

That's it--no new appliances, countertop, sink, or cabinets. Just a refresh.

Cost of the facelift:

$237 at Ace Hardware for primer, two gallons of paint, and all painting supplies (I had zero painting supplies to begin with).

$56 at Amazon for eight vintage tin signs, reproductions.

$35 at Amazon for two sets of cafe curtains.

$20 at Amazon for hooks to hang things.

$300 for labor to a lovely young couple I hired from Craigslist.

TOTAL: $348 if I could DIY, $648 with labor

What I didn't get due to finances but wish I could have: an area rug for under the table in the new colors. The one I have is OK and doesn't clash, but still... And a couple of new kitchen chairs. Ah well, some day.

Signs have all arrived. Both sets of curtains have arrived. I need to iron them before hanging. Joy and I still need to paint the wood knobs for the cabinets. Kitchen has been scrubbed with TSP, taped, and half is primed. Other half to be primed tomorrow.

When I do the reveal, I'll note exactly what paints and colors I used. I can say the primer is Kilz and it's oil based. Paint is Valspar,.

Comments (3)

Sponsored