SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmyla

12 yr old daughter

kimmyla
10 years ago

I am a single parent of a 12 yr old girl. For the first 10yrs of her life she was a daddy's girl. That all changed abruptly for her when he left me for a 20 yr old. She's had very limited contact with him as he has bounced around from state to state.
We moved back to my hometown and my family friends and I have noticed shes changed in such a little amount of time. She tells her friends extravagant lies, such as having cancer , being asked to kick the football for the Dallas Cowboys.... I found out she has been sexting boys. She never did any of this before we moved. She was active in sports and cheer and tumble. This town we moved to doesn't have much for her to do plus it's a much bigger school. She is immediately drawn to any male that shows her attention. Thy tell her they love her and she feels that she's fallen in love with them. I've taken away her cell phone and Facebook...but nothing seems to get her attention. I feel she's trying to replace her dad but I don't know. I don't have anyone to talk to as my family says for me to just take everything away until se 18. I don't see that as a logical fix for the situation.
I would appreciate any input ...thanks so much ..

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida