SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wynative

Need ATTORNEY - Altus/Lawton area

wynative
16 years ago

Off the garden topic here but need help!

As some of you know my sister, her husband and their 12 yr. old daughter moved to Altus, Oklahoma 3 months ago. My BIL has terminal cancer, with a short time left and chose to retire there to be near his oldest daughter. My sister and niece are having a very hard time with the step-daughter. SD hid her evilness very well while I was visiting over Thanksgiving but has done a really bad thing now!! SD is the one that is distributing all of her father med's - from 4 different doctors - he is VERY over medicated and yesterday she convinced him to sign over his and my sister's checking, other bank accounts, all benifits from insurance and their house into her name!! SD is now trying to force my sister to sign the paper work agreeing to this and has told her that SD will give her an allowance each month! (YES, out of her own money!) My sister is a very timid person and I can not get back down there for at least another week. SD is also trying to move her father in with her and her husband - her husband broke his leg on Saturday, had surgery on Sunday and is at her mercy now, too!! With her husband needing care, her father may get to thinking that it is best to have them both at her house. SD can be very convincing and has been minipulating her father for years.

All the bills - utilities, hospital, chemo and radiology treatments, home health, everything.... is in my sisters name because they don't know how much longer BIL has and this would make it easier for her. If SD gets away with this my sister and niece will be without anyway to support themselves and in debt up to their eyes!!

My sister is in need of a GOOD TOUGH lawyer! If anyone knows of one in the Altus/Lawton area, please let me know. I don't feel this is the type of thing to just blindly pick out of the yellow pages - as we need to get on top of this ASAP.

Please post here or email me any info that you have,

Thank you,

Marie

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living