SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

s/o Can we talk pressure cooker risotto

loves2cook4six
12 years ago

Arley's post in the other pressure cooking thread intrigued me. I LOVE making risotto and if I can throw the ingredients in a pressure cooker and get it done in half the time I will be one happy camper.

So at what point in the recipe do you say, throw it all together and put under pressure. And when you do so, then how long do you cook it for and how do you release the pressure.

I must get some books from the library but in the meantime this is on our menu plan for tomorrow night and if I can do it in less time - then more time for me.

So how would you adapt it for the pressure cooker

Kohlrabi and mushroom Risotto

Ingredients:

4 cups of chicken broth, warmed

1/2 of Kohlrabi root, peeled, and chopped into bite size pieces

1 cup onions, chopped

2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided

2 cloves garlic, minced

7 oz. shiitake mushrooms, chopped

1 1/2 cups Arborio rice

1/2 cup white wine

1/3 cup 1/2 & 1/2

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. In a 1.5-quart saucepan heat the chicken broth to warm, and keep warm over a burner throughout recipe. Do not boil.

2. In a large pot heat 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onions and kohlrabi, stirring to cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms cooking for 2 minutes. Add rice and rest of oil, stirring constantly for one minute. Add white wine and stir until all of liquid has evaporated. In 1/2 cup intervals, add chicken broth to rice, stirring constantly until liquid absorbs. Repeat this process until all of chicken broth has been used, about 45 minutes.

3. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 & 1/2, salt, and pepper. Let cool slightly and serve.

Comments (7)