SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samwithnoclue

16 year old daughter and boyfriend

samwithnoclue
14 years ago

Okay... I've seen some real issues that ppl are having with their teenagers, so mine may seem a little lame to some. My 16 yr old daughter has a boyfriend. She's on the phone with him constantly,(sometimes until way early in the morning!) and when not on the phone, she is wanting to "hang out" either at his house or ours. Neither has their license, so they depend on us or his parents. I do not mind for them to spend time together--BUT...they don't really DO anything except what they call "hanging out" I just walked by the room where they are watching a movie, and they are sitting almost on top of each other. Seems like every time I turn around I catch them in a liplock. It turns my stomach. To me, it's just asking for trouble. I know that this kid most likely won't last when school starts back (I'm hoping she sees the light!!)I would like to give them ideas of things to do so they don't feel like all there is to do is hang all over each other. I need advice, before I really blow my top. I remember having guy friends at this age, but I was all about being with the girls--any advice will be welcomed!!

thanks

Comments (18)

Sponsored