SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjroz_gw

Please chime in on Exterior paint for Tudor style house

mjroz
14 years ago

Hello,

We need help figuring out paint color combo for our 2nd story addition. The house has an orange-reddish brick with some green bricks along with it. What should we color the shingle to complement the brick? Our initial thought was to paint the shingle a dark brownish-green color, the trims will be ivory color or creamy-tan white around windows, front entry pilars, band around 1st & 2nd story, fascia and trim along the front bump. The 3rd color will be a few shades lighter than the body and is the accent color to the inset part of the front bump out and front pilar. Or the other thought would be dark trim and lighter body?? Besides the concept of painting we are stumped on what color will look good. I've been looking at BJM fan deck and my eyes are burning with colors. Please HELP!

Below is link to photo of our house not painted and a sample of the dark body/light trim (not set on colors, did it to get visual concept). I guess our goal is to give the house an old world feel since we live in a neighborhood in Seattle where homes are craftsman style and tudors.

"www.flickr.com"

{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)