SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Show me your tuxedo sofa. Is it comfortable?

pps7
11 years ago

I'm thinking of making some improvements to our library. It needs to be a bit more functional.

Here is an older picture of the room. The shelves are a bit more organized now :). The painting, rug, wall color and curtains are staying for now.

Here is an inspiration picture:
{{!gwi}}

I want the room to function as a flex room. We have a very open floor plan for our kitchen/diing/family room area so this can be a bit of a retreat. It can be a reading room. Plus DH uses it as a listening room. He has a record player, cd player and an amplyfier that needs to stay in the room along with the 2 speakers. I would like to use it as a formal dining room on ocaasion as well.

Here are my ideas:

Buy a side table to store components and move the components to the corner that is to the right of the window.

Something like this:
{{!gwi}}

Put the leather chair that is under the paintingin front of the window (opposite the other leather chair).

Buy a tuxedo apartment sofa to tuck into the niche. The niche is 72" wide. I was thinking of using a tuxedo soda bc the sides are high. I like to use it as a chaise and create a nice lounging/reading space.

Here is one from Lee industries that's a top contender. I was thinking in a camel colored fabric.
{{!gwi}}

The room needs lamps. Any other suggestions?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County