SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Very frustrated with choosing paint - need advice

tigger
15 years ago

I'm so frustrated with trying to pick paint that I could literally scream and throw things!! Actually might help to do that - haha! I need paint for living room, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom & bath, and 2 sunroom type areas. Right now you should see the walls in my living room - it's so funny I should take a picture of it - I have 11 different squares of color on one wall and then some of those colors on other walls to see in different light. ALL of them are versions of blue and I STILL CAN'T FIND THE RIGHT ONE!!!!!!! Argh!! All are too light, too dark, too blue or too gray (the dining room/kitchen are already gray). I want a blue but not robin's egg blue or pastel blue like most of these have turned out to be - I gave up using the paint swatches since absolutely NONE have looked anything like the swatches once on the wall (I kid you not, 3 swatches that looked totally different looked EXACTLY the same once on the wall).

Yesterday I resorted to attempting to mix my own paint since I now have at least 15-20 sample pots of paint (what in the world am I going to do with them now??). Strangely enough, I like the color I came up with better than any others so far, but I'm afraid it's still slightly too dark.

Any recommendations for choosing paint colors other than spending another small fortune on samples or trying to rely on swatches that don't seem to look anywhere near the actual color??? I've also tried the online color visualizer from SW (that's the paint we're using), but it really doesn't show the true color either.

Comments (7)