SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita1950

Private Versus Public Schools Transition

nita1950
21 years ago

My child is in the 4th grade and attends a Christian private school. Many of the children are going to public schools this year. His father wants him to remain in private school, however, would give public schools a try if I feel that this would be good for him. We can afford private school. We live in a city with 30 elementary schools, about 12 Middle schools and 7 high schools. Except for the elementary schools, these are all very large schools. My son does not object either way. He actually wants to be homeschooled if he had a choice. He has been in this private school since age 2. What year is a good year to transfer them into public school? I would like personal experiences about the transition experience, especially if you are glad that you made the move. Public schools have so much more to offer, especially when it comes to extra-curricular activities and magnet programs (Arts, Science, Technology).

He is a high achiever and is above grade level when it comes to the public school level. He is already doing some 6th grade work according to my friends who have children in public schools.

Thanks in advance for sharing! Nita

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida