SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bleu_2007

Removed Wallpaper...need reassurance for preparing walls

bleu_2007
17 years ago

I have almost completed stripping down painted-over wallpaper from my kitchen walls. Some walls in some areas were fine (as they had been previously painted/primed). However, most areas were never primed; thus areas of torn drywall paper has come off even after meticulous use of paper-tiger and fabric softner combo. In a small area of my kitchen I had started to mud over these areas, sand, re-mud, etcc...I have now heard of something called GARDZ and have a few questions. For the remainder of my walls (most) should I apply this GARDZ first and then use the joint compound or vice/versa? Do I need to also apply a different type of primer (say something for never before primed drywall) before the mudding is complete? I am pretty sure skim-coating and applying joint compound are one in the same, but I could be wrong? does the entire wall surface need to be covered with joint compound or just the areas that need help?

I appreciate any advice. I thought I was on a roll a few weeks ago, but always start questioning these things when more paper gets taken down!!! Thanks!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville